- Friday, September 30, 2011, 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 1, 2011, 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 2, 2011, 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 6, 2011, 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 7, 2011, 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 8, 2011, 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday,October 8, 2011, 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 9, 2011, 4:00 p.m.
Interpreted & Described Performance
*Talk Back Discussion
- Thursday, October 13, 2011, 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 14, 2011, 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 15, 2011, 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 15, 2011, 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 16, 2011, 4:00 p.m.
- *The "Talk Back" begins after the performance. Discussions are free of charge, and one need not attend that day's performance to participate.
Sunset Boulevard weaves a magnificent tale of faded glory and unfulfilled ambition. Silent movie star Norma Desmond longs for a return to the big screen, having been discarded by tinsel town with the advent of “talkies”. She lives in the past in her decaying mansion on the fabled Los Angeles street, dreaming of her next 'close up.' She's eccentric, but what great star of silent films wouldn't be after years of public indifference? When Norma meets a struggling Hollywood screenwriter, their subsequent passionate and volatile relationship leads to an unforeseen and tragic conclusion. Includes two of Lloyd Webber's best songs: "As If We Never Said Goodbye" and "With One Look."
Bank of Hawaii
Sheraton Waikiki Resort
C. S. Wo & Sons, Ltd.
A Hawaii Premiere
September 30 – October 16, 2011
Musical Direction by
Andrew Lloyd Webber
Book and Lyrics by
Don Black and
the Billy Wilder Film